Thursday, October 2, 2008

Owl Cupcakes

For everyone who was wondering about the owl cupcakes here are the directions:

You will need 3 zip lock bags for the white, chocolate frosting (we decided it would look better to have a dark and light choco to add dimension for the feathers)

You will also need about 20 oreos for one batch of cupcakes. Carefully separate the oreos (we used a knife), cut the side without the filling in half.
Place the side with the filling on the cupcake for the eyes. put a little of the white frosting on the cream filling to add dimension and the pupils are junior mints(put junior mints on top of frosting). It looks really cute if you kinda make him cross eyed.
Place the oreo cut in half on either side (at the top of ) the other oreo to make his eyes look bigger ( I didn't really understand this part, my mom was trying to explain it to me over the phone. For those of you who know my mom that will explain my confusion)
Last, you put a banana runt into the cupcake to make his beak, we didn't have any runts so I used a candy corn.
I hope this is helpful and not too confusing....Happy cupcake making!

3 comments:

Mandie said...

Ok-too cute. But I need a picture!!

MaRilla said...

Thanks Tiff for the directions! That is silly that knowing your mom explains the confusion. Its true. Love you and love her!!!!

Suzy J said...

It's so nice of your mom to come over in between Tanner's chemo to bake cupcakes! :) I love that kid and I love your mom! Why does Hailey have to look so old? I miss you guys...maybe after radiation you can come out to visit!