Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's always fun with Nanny and Pa!!

During the last week of Sept. Chris' mom and dad came to visit from Arkansas. We were so glad to have them. My kids have such a special relationship with them and I am so thankful for them and all they do for us! We were excited to show off our new home town.

While they were here we took them up to see beautiful Red Rock Canyon. This is only about 10 or 15 min from our house. It was a good time and a beautiful drive, I know I definitely didn't think of this when I thought of Vegas. You can actually see the red rocks from our neighborhood!










We also went to Bonnie Springs which is an old country town. They had a little petting zoo and a pond with ducks. There is also a trian ride and they have shoot outs and old buildings, all sorts of western stuff. I think maybe they were having a day off when we went, maybe it was still too hot because there wasn't a lot going on that day!!!




Trey had so much fun having alone time while the big kids were at school....




















We had such a good time during their visit! We miss you Nanny and Pa!!!








2 comments:

Erin said...

Your house looks beautiful, I can't wait to see pics of it all done. We used to go up to Red Rock Canyon. We would also go to Mt. Charleston when it snowed and go sledding. There is actually a lot of beautiful places right outside of Vegas.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for your house. That is awesome. Hey, Chris' mom looks like you sort of in about 30 years or so. At least the pictures do. At first I thought it was you then I said, nahh she wouldnt wear a fanny pack, that's old school. But it looks like you all had a fun time with the grandparents. I bet they have a very strong southern accent coming from Alabama.