Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun night with Tanner

Tanner and I had a mommy/son date tonight. It was so much fun and he felt like such a big boy!! We went to see Madagascar 2, it was pretty cute. I am so glad that I took the opportunity to spend some "quality" time with him. He truly is such a special boy. He loves his brother and sister so much and is always look out for them. He is getting big enough now that we can actually have a conversation, he says the cutest things! Today in the car while we were running errands he had some peppermints, he handed me one and said..."here mom, this one is for you"
I said " oh thanks Tanner, how did you get so sweet?!", Tanner replied, " oh I don't know, probably because you give me hugs all the time". I feel so blessed for my big boy!! I am so glad he had so much fun at the movie. Being in the middle I feel like he gets looked over a lot, and I really want him know how special he is. While we were walking into the theater he was carefully caring his drink, sipping as he went. He looked up at me and said, "oohhh this is gonna be so much fun!!!!." And it truly was, I love you so much Tanner!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute. i hope that I can do stuff like that with Dax. I think it is important to give each child special attention like that. it really makes them feel loved and i wish my mom or dad would have done that with me more.

destiny said...

So fun! I like to do dates with my kids.

Tanner is super cute, I agree!

Courtney said...

We just started doing that this year. I made a schedule for the whole year because I knew if I didn't it would get shoved off to the side. It has been so much fun spending time with the kids one on one. I was thinking the other day about how much Camden has grown up. You should hear him speak Tiff, it is amazing! Now he can talk clearly, I just love it.

Mandie said...

Dylan and I do that twice a year. We always go someplace very special. Last time we went to see The Music Man at the theater. We get all dressed up and always go out to a "grown up" restaurant for dinner. It is so great, he loves it and talks about our dates all the time. I will get to save up the memories for later- when he wants nothing to do with me! LOL

Lisa M said...

What a great idea. I love it. We are going to have to start that tradition. So fun!!!